LSL Property Services – Rack Renting Landlords Harassing Tenants in Belfast
LSL Property Services, their various other guises, such as LSL Corporate Client Department etc are now Ireland’s most vicious English-based absentee landlords. Their modus operandi is to:
- buy up foreclosed properties where the landlord has been renting to tenants
- once they have secured de facto ownership of the property they then begin a campaign of harassment against the tenant(s) with the intention of forcing them to quit their legal tenancy
- bombard the tenant or tenants with illegal notices to quit via often daily letters
- harass the the tenant or tenants with a series of phone calls on a daily basis from witheld numbers
- illegally attempt to make the tenant(s) responsible for the previous landlord’s payment shortfalls
- when their campaigns of harassment against tenants are successful they promptly sell the property at a significant profit
LSL – Landlords who would make Rachman blush!
In many cases LSL target some of our community’s most vulnerable people who have the misfortune to fall into their clutches as tenants, often single mothers and in one specific case the mother of two severely disabled children. As mentioned above, they pursued the same tactics of harassment to the point that the tenant herself had to seek psychiatric help and came perilously close to losing custody of her children. Not surprisingly, LSL showed not one iota of remorse and effectively forced the tenant into hostel accommodation, so that they could sell the property at a profit.
A North Belfast tenant, whose rented property was taken over by LSL Property Services, told The Plough and The Stars that:
“I was constantly harassed by LSL Properties when they took over the management of my rented home when my original landlord fell into arrears on their mortgage payments. I have a seven year old daughter who suffers from severe Asthma, two sons aged twelve and ten and a three month old baby girl. My home needed emergency repairs due to a severe leak in my bathroom that resulted in an awful dampness steadily creeping into my daughter’s bedroom and eventually black mould appeared right down the walls of my daughter’s bedroom. Despite making LSL aware of this problem and the risk to my daughter’s health, they showed me not an ounce of compassion. It got to the point where I was having to share my bed with my seven year old daughter and my room with her and my baby. Take into account that my baby wakes at least twice during the night to be fed, my 7 year old daughter’s sleep was constantly being disturbed by the baby crying and me having to put the light on to feed my baby. My daughter’s teacher brought it to my attention that my daughter appeared tired and withdrawn in class. Again I brought this to the attention of LSL, this was a complete waste of time. They couldn’t care less (about tenants) all they are interested in is putting you under so much pressure, that you up and leave- giving them what they always wanted- your home to sell and make profit from. We could have been living on the streets for all they cared. How do these people sleep at night?”
A Crime Against Working Class People!
The Plough and The Stars website has informed local community groups, political representatives and community leaders of LSL’s scumbag Rachmanite tactics against some of the most vulnerable people in our communities. All are adamant that they will not allow these 21st Century Absentee Landlords constantly intimidate or forcefully and illegally evict tenants in the shameless pursuit of profit. If you find yourself in the clutches of these vultures and their bullying tactics,
- make your political representative aware of LSL’s tactics
- contact a solicitor who will offer free legal advice and advise you on a course of action
- ensure that your local community representatives know how you are being treated
- avail of the services of Citizen’s Advice Centres and other community advice centres in your area
- contact The Plough and The Stars website who have amassed a considerable series of complaints from tenants who were bullied out of their homes by LSL and we will highlight your case
- contact other media outlets, such as newspapers and the broadcast media to highlight your treatment at the hands of LSL
One thing should be made clear to the like of LSL, the days when Irish communities as a whole were bullied by absentee landlords are well over! LSL should also be aware of the growing anger at their despicable tactics towards tenants which are universally viewed as an attack on communities that have suffered so much over the years and they will not be intimidated by profit hungry, corporate neo-Rachmans that have awakened a powerful folk memory..
This entry was posted on March 4, 2015 at 5:55 pm and is filed under LSL Property services with tags Absentee Landlords, Bullying tactics, LSL, LSL Corporate client Department, LSL Property Services, north Belfast, privateer landlords, profiteers, Rachman-like, rack renters, Slum landlords, tenant harassment. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.