The Ridiculousness of Donald Trump
In the United States of American, home of the slick, veneered toothed, personal millionaire and multi-corporate backed prospective Presidential candidate, the figure above ‘trumps’ all contemporary and past outstanding dullards for ridiculousness. This is quite an achievement in a country that had ‘B’ Movie actor Reagan in the Oval office, Bush junior who could not find on a map the country he was imminently about to invade and murder thousands of it’s people in the pursuit of oil, to Clinton who had a rather moist taste in cigars. One could go ad infinitum when including past failed candidates at various stages for the US Presidency and both houses of the bicameral legislature.
Just some of Trump’s contradictions aka hypocrisy include his offensive against fellow Americans who happen to live in what is now considered Mexico (contrary to what a monopolised media tells viewers, “America” stretches from the most northerly point in the continent, inside the Arctic Circle to Tierra del Fuego in the South).
- His offensive against ‘immigrants’; a proposal to build a security wall annexing Mexico and removing the citizenship of children born in the USA who do not fit a Trump notional WASP criteria. However, having been married to an ‘immigrant’, Ivana (she of the many shoes) would this remove his children’s citizenship? I’d imagine not, as many Biillions of dollars buys a lotta love as they say…
- Despite his claims to ‘respect women’ and vain attempts to court the female vote is ridiculous considering since 1996 until this year he owned both the ‘Miss USA’ and ‘Miss Universe’ beauty pageants, perhaps the most demeaning shows involving women where they are literally treated like cattle
- For a man short on looks and being the owner of the worst hair in living memory, his misogynistic remarks to Carly Fiorina, make demeaning comments about her appearance. “Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next President?”
- When being interviewed by Fox Anchor, Megyn Kelly, he stated that she had “blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her – ‘wherever;.”
- He has referred, on record, to women he has disagreed with as “fat pigs” and “slobs.”
Trump is certainly an obnoxious creature, unfortunately US politics has no dearth of similar bigots and chauvinists waiting to get their noses in the troughs of power or already in place, however where bizarre wigs//hairstyles are concerned there can be only one Presidential hopeful posed to ‘trump’ all comers in that competition!